Jeopardy John, Abuja bricklayer jailed for stealing 2 packets of maggi

Lugbe Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, on Thursday the 21st day of July, 2016 sentenced a 30-year-old bricklayer Jeopardy John, to three months imprisonment for stealing two packets ofMaggi cubes.

John,  pleaded guilty to a three-count of criminal trespass, housebreaking and theft.
He pleaded thus“I am sorry for the act I committed and I am pleading with the court not to send me to jail.
“It was hunger that made me to steal. For some time now I don’t have job, please sir forgive me, and I promise not to steal again,’’
Mr Garba Ogbede the judge, , however sentenced John to three months in prison but with an option of payment of N15,000 fine.
He ordered that the recovered items be returned to the owner.
The judge, said the punishment would have been more severe if he had not pleaded guilty, and saved the time of the court.
Miss Vivian Oporomo, the prosecuting counsel told the court that on the 12th day of July, 2016 Eneojo John of the same address, reported the matter at the Iddo Police Station.Oporomo said the convict broke into the complainant’s shop at about 1.30am and stole two packets of Maggi cubes, valued N700 and one DVD player valued N10, 000.
The prosecutor said the offences contravene sections 342, 347 and 288 of the Penal Code. The convict was however unable to pay the N15,000 fine. He is in Kuje prison as am typing this…
Share on Google Plus

About Emmanuel Inah

0 comments :

Post a Comment